Open House is an amazing children bookshop and library (almost entirely) run by single mothers or mothers with special family needs. We make it easy and enjoyable to discover and share great children books, games and furniture from the UK, US and Taiwan - so every parent and child can have more quality time together, with wholesome choices and great fun, without causing unnecessary harm to the environment.
Our Social Mission:
As a social enterprise, we commit to generating positive social and environmental impact through the provision of products and services that are uniquely valuable to you and the community.
1. Empower Single MothersThis amazing online bookshop is almost entirely run by single mothers from the local community. We work closely with our NGO partner, Caritas Hong Kong, to ensure there is a suitable working environment for them and their kids and offer capacity building programmes to help them lead self-sufficient lives.
2. Support Disadvantaged ChildrenWe commit to providing our home library service (coming soon), free of charge, to disadvantaged children living in Hong Kong through our NGO partners, including those living in sub-divided flats, who are from an ethnic minority group, or are otherwise living in poverty.
3. Promote Circular LivingWe all know the problem about buying things: Cars are parked 92% of the time. Books are shelved 95% of the time. It is expensive, and a massive waste of resources! We commit to providing a home library service (coming soon) of great children books, games and furniture, so every parent and kid can enjoy more quality time together with wholesome choices and great fun, without causing unnecessary harm to our environment.
Commitment to Our Social Mission:We commit to reinvesting, or donating to a recognized charity, at least 65% of any net profits made into achieving our social mission.
We are proudly funded by:
Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Youth Innovation Inclusion Entrepreneurship Programme
Many thanks to our angel investors, pro bono advisors, supporters and friends:
- Caritas Hong Kong
- Dream Impact
- Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Mr CHONG Chan Yau, Chairman of CarbonCare Asia
- Hogan Lovells
- Luk & Partners, in association with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- White & Case
- LLAB Design
- In-visible Creatives
- Future Action Base (a social venture action lab)
We are a recognized social enterprise listed on: